Jr Spartan Football Programs
UpdatedSunday February 21, 2021 byFHC Jr Spartans.
Spring Flag Football Program
These teams represent Kindegarten through 8th grade. All students must be in the Francis Howell Central Boundaries. Games are played on Sundays and practices are determined by coaches. Normally teams practice 1 to 2 times a week. We will have a parent meeitng in February and practices will start at the begining of March. Games normally start at the end of March to the begining of April. Flag teams for 4th through 8th will play 7 players on 7 players during the games. Flag teams for k thourgh 3rd will play 5 players on 5 players. As we get closer to season starting Games times and such will be firmed up as our league needs to know how many teams we hve for each grade.
Key takeaways about FHC JR. Spartans Flag Football
- Learn the game of football in a safe environment
- Team work makes the dream work. Learning to work with a team is key with kids.
- Let’s get physical! Staying active is the start to staying healthy
We take 2 weeks out of the summer to have some football fun. Our Summer Camp is in the evenings to avoid the heat of the day with the kids. Monday thru Thursday. Registration normally opens Late Spring.
- The first week we work directly with Francis Howell Central Football Program. The kids can learn from the experience of the high school coaches along with the high school players. Many of whom are FHC Jr. Spartan Alumni.
- The second week we break into the grade levels to work more on plays and also on a Football Combine. This is an excellent way to see if tackle football will be the next step. Players can meet the coaches of the teams and also their teammates. Many of them will know each other from Spring Flag Football and school.
Fall Tackle Football
The fall tackle football program begins at the beginning of August. Registration normally opens January. Practices are held 3 nights a week and games will be played on Saturdays. Practices are normally held Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights from 6pm to 8pm. We have 8 regular season games plus the opportunity for playoff games.
We will have a week of summer camp at the end of July 2020. Stay tuned for Dates. Parent Meeting and equiment pick up will bein July also. Stay tuned for Dates.
Key takeaways about FHC JR. Spartans Tackle Football
- Learn the game of football the correct and safe way. All of our coaches are certified in the Heads Up Program. We are setting the kids up for success moving forward. The Francis Howell Central Football program use the same tackling tactics.
- Perseverance is key. In football as is life you will fall down, the important thing is to get back up and do it again. Try again. Do it again. Get better. Get stronger. Get faster!
- We succeed as a team and we fail as a team. Football is a true team sport. One person can’t win the entire game. Everyone has to be working toward the same goal in order to win. FHC JR Spartans believes in treating every player with respect whether we on the practice field, game day, or in the school hallways.
- You gotta have friends!!! Many life-long bonds are made during team sports. We hope that your child makes special connections with their teammates going through our program. We hope that continues into high school whether they choose to play football or decide on a different path in life.